In order to use and join most Source Game servers, you will need to set a GSLT key first. Without setting it, your server will not be available to players or will be shown lower in the public server listing.
WHY GSLT KEYS ARE REQUIRED
Many source games require you to have what is known as a Game Server Login Token to run your server. This is done to ensure that servers are created by real people and to hold accountability to the owner if those servers violate the game's Server's Terms of Service.
In order to be able to generate a GSLT, you must have a Steam account which:
- Is not banned or blocked.
- Is not limited.
- Has a qualifying registered phone attached.
- Owns the game for the server you are making a key for.
- Has not reached the cap of 1,000 GSLT keys.
If your server is found to be breaking Valve's ToS, the server and your linked Steam account may be banned by Valve.
HOW TO GET A GSLT KEY
- First, make sure that you are logged into the Steam Community website.
- Navigate to Steam Game Servers Account.
- At the bottom of the page, fill out the App ID value of the game. You can find the game App ID by navigating to https://steamdb.info and searching for your game.
- Add a memo or note if you want, and click Create.
- Your GLTS key is the Login Token that will appear.
HOW TO ADD YOUR GSLT KEY
- Login to your control panel.
- Click on the Files > Config Files tab on the left.
- Open the game's server settings config file.
- Add your key to the
Steam GSLT Tokenoption and press Save.
- Restart your server.