MySQL Databases are one of the many ways to store server data, commonly available for plugins.
Your Shockbyte server comes with a free MySQL database that can be used to store new or existing data. If you do not have one yet, you can create a MySQL Database by following this tutorial: Creating a MySQL Database
Once you've created a MySQL database, to use it you simply need to provide your database information on the configuration file of a plugin that supports storing of data into a MySQL database. Generally, the information required are the host, username, password, and the name of the database.
As an example, let's configure LuckPerms to store permissions data into your newly created MySQL database.
- On the left sidebar of your Multicraft Panel, navigate to Files > FTP File Access to access your server directory (How to Access Your Server Directory).
- On your server directory, navigate to Luckperms folder found within the plugins folder.
- In the Luckperms folder, edit the config.yml file.
- Locate the storage-method option. By default, it is set to h2 so change its value to mysql.
- Under the data section of the config file, change the values so that it corresponds to your MySQL database information.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be using these information as an example which can be found when you navigate to Advanced > MySQL Database on your Multicraft panel.
- Save the config.yml file and restart your server to apply the changes made.
If you have successfully setup Luckperms to use a MySQL database, it should begin storing all plugin data into the database. Each plugin that supports MySQL database storage will have similar steps to configure the plugin to use your database.
Looking for more MySQL guides? Click here!If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php