Granting a player Admin access on your Rust server allows the player to execute all Rust admin commands in-game. This can be used to ban, mute, kick players, and more.
You can find a full list of commands on the Rust Wiki.
THE AVAILABLE ADMIN ROLES FOR RUST
ownerid- This grants access to all admin commands, and can add/remove other admins.
moderatorid- This grants access to all admin commands, but cannot add/remove other admins.
SETTING A PLAYER AS AN ADMIN OR MODERATOR USING CONSOLE COMMANDS
Before we begin, you will first need to find the 64bit Steam ID of the user you wish to give a role.
- Navigate to the console in your server’s control panel.
- On the textbox of your console, type
<role> <64_bit_steam_id> <reason/user>Replace
<role>with ownerid or moderatorid depending on which rank you would like to give the player,
<64_bit_steam_id>with the 64bit Steam ID of the player you wish to set as an admin, and replace
<reason/user>with a reason or their username.
- Press Enter or click the SEND button. You will receive a confirmation message in your console indicating that the player has been given the chosen role.
- Once the user has been given the role you will need to save the configuration file by executing the
- Press Enter or click the SEND button. You will receive a confirmation message in your console indicating that it has been saved.