Magma is a hybrid server type that supports the use of Forge mods and Bukkit/Spigot plugins. This guide will assist you with installing Magma for 1.12.2 and 1.16.5.
Installing Magma for 1.12.2
- Download Magma 1.12.2 from the Magma Foundation website.
- Rename the
custom.jar, and upload it to your root directory. We recommend using FileZilla to do this.
- On your server control panel, set your server type to Custom JAR
- Restart your server to run the Magma server type.
Installing Magma for 1.16.5
- Download the installer for your preferred version from the Magma Foundation website.
- Run the installer and select Install server.
- Select a location to install Magma. We recommend creating a temporary folder on your Desktop.
- Hit OK, and the installer will begin downloading the Forge files into the folder.
- Rename the Forge JAR file to
custom.jar, then follow our guide on installing a Custom JAR here.
You will now be able to run Forge mods with Bukkit/Spigot plugins! For more assistance doing this, check out the following guides:
- Forge Mods: How to Install Forge Mods on Your Minecraft Server
- Bukkit/Spigot/Paper Plugins: How to Install Plugins on Your Minecraft Server