We have a video tutorial on joining your Valheim server:
Before you can join your server, you'll need to make sure that your server is up and running on the latest version of Valheim.
How to find your Server IP
In order to join any Valheim Server, you'll need to have 2 bits of information - your server's IP address and your server's password.
- Login to your Multicraft Server Control Panel.
- Once logged in, copy the Server Address field. Be sure to copy the entire field, including the IP and port.
Once you have it - you just need your server password in order to be able to join the server!
How to find your Server Password
You can find your server password in a number of different ways:
- Under the Your Game Server Details welcome email.
- In your valheim.properties file, which can be found on your control panel under Files > Config Files.
- When you start your server, you can see the password as one of the startup parameters in the line Startup arguments:
-name,Shockbyte Valheim Server,-port,2456,-world,Dedicated,-password,xxxxxxxx,-public,0,-batchmode, where the password is
xxxxxxxxin this example.
Once you've located your password, save it somewhere safe. You'll need it for the final step of joining your server.
How to Join Your Server
Once you have the above information at hand, you're ready to join your server! It's worth noting that these steps must be followed every time you want to join the server, as it does not remember the password you entered.
- Launch the game, and click Start Game in the main menu.
- Select the character you want to join your server on. If you haven't made one yet, you'll need to do this before continuing.
- Change to the Join Game tab, and then press the Join IP button at the bottom right of the window.
- Paste your server IP into the box that pops up, and click the Connect button.
- After a brief moment, you will be prompted for your Server Password. Paste your server password into the box. After entering it, press Enter.
- Assuming you have entered the correct information, and are not banned or not on the whitelist, you will now load into the server!
How to Add Your Server to Steam Server Listings
Valheim uses an alternative port when connecting to your server via Steam Server Listings. In short it is the regular port +1. All Shockbyte Valheim servers by default come with the port
2456, therefore you will use
- In the Steam client under View > Servers, click the Favorites tab.
- Clicking Add A Server,
- Enter your Server Address into the popup box and click Add This Address To Favorites. Make sure that you are using the port
- Then, attempt to join it from the Servers list.
- Enter your Server Password when prompted, and press CONNECT.
- This will then start the game and open the Character Selection Screen. Choose the desired Character you wish to login to the server with.
- You will then be prompted for the Server Password a second time. Enter it again.