We have a video tutorial on how to use a custom Valheim world:
Uploading a custom world to your server is a great way to share your progress in a single-player world with your friends, or use a specific seed you want. In addition, uploading a custom world is super easy to do.
Uploading a Custom World to Your Server
- Firstly, generate the world you want in singleplayer, if you haven’t already.
- Once you have the world, you can find it in
- The world will consist of 2 files called
- Login to your server via FTP (we recommend using FileZilla for this).
- Navigate to the
- Upload the .db and .fwl files to this directory (be sure that there are no worlds already there with the same name).
- Return to the home directory of your server.
- Open the
valheim.propertiesfile (You can also do this via the Control Panel).
- Change the
- Save (and reupload) the file.
- Restart the server from your control panel.
You can have as many world files in the worlds directory as you want - you can then change between these worlds by simply changing what world is selected in your valheim.properties file.
Do note that singleplayer world names cannot be shorter than 5 characters when being generated, however, server world names can be of any length.
Don't have a Valheim server yet? Start your own with Shockbyte's Valheim server hosting.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php