Uploading a custom world to your Valheim server can be a great way to migrate your single-player world progress to your server, or to use a specific seed you want. Fortunately, there is a method available that allows Valheim server owners to import external worlds.
You can have as many world files uploaded to your server as you want. In fact, you can swap between these worlds by simply changing what world is selected in your valheim.properties file.
Uploading a Custom World to Your Server
- If you haven’t already, generate the world you want in single-player.
- Single-player worlds are located in
- Locate the
- Login to your server via FTP (we recommend using FileZilla for this).
- Navigate to the
- Upload the .db and .fwl files to this directory.
- Return to the home directory of your server.
- Open the
valheim.propertiesfile (You can also do this via the Control Panel).
- Set your custom world's name in the
- Save (and re-upload) the file.
- Restart the server from your control panel.
Congratulations, you should now have successfully uploaded and loaded your desired Valheim world to your server!If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php