We have a video tutorial on how to create Valheim characters:
The core basis around Valheim is having characters on your account - all of your progress (inventory, stats, progress) is stored on your character account. This means you can swap between worlds or servers, and keep your progress between them all.
However, as dying can cause you to lose your entire inventory, it’s sometimes advised to create a new character for the purpose of joining a server. This guide will assist you with creating a new character.
There is no limit to the number of characters you can make; however, they will always be sorted alphabetically, so be sure to remember that when making a new one.
How to Create a New Character
- Firstly, launch your game, and select the “Start Game” option on the Main Menu.
- Then, at the bottom right of the Character Select screen, click the “New” button.
- Customise the character however you like. Once you’re done, hit the “done” key at the bottom right of the screen.
- You’ll then be sent back to the Character Selection screen, so just hit “Start” to select your new character!
How to Create Your First Character
- For your first character, rather than a “New” button at the bottom right - you’ll have a “New” button in the bottom-center of the screen.
- You can then customise your character as normal, and follow the steps above to finish off making your first character!