We have a video tutorial on how to join a Terraria server:
Finding your Server IP
To get started, you will need to identify the address of the server you want to join. If you own a Shockbyte server, you can find your server address on your Multicraft Control panel. This will be labeled as Server Address as shown in the screenshot below.
Your server IP address will look like
123.456.789:1234. In this example,
123.456.789 is the Server IP, and
1234 is the Server Port.
Connecting to your Terraria Server
- Launch Terraria, and click on the Multiplayer option.
- Select the Join via IP option.
- From the character selection screen, either select a character you have previously made, or make a new character. If you need assistance, please refer to our Knowledgebase article: https://shockbyte.com/billing/knowledgebase/303/How-to-Create-a-New-Terraria-Character-on-PC.html
Note: Only "Journey" characters can join "Journey" worlds.
- Then, enter your Server's IP address (this is the part before the colon - `:`).
- Next, enter your Server's Port (this is the part after the colon - `:`).
- Hit Accept (or the Enter Key) to connect to your server!
That's it! Once you have connected to a server for the first time, Terraria will remember the IP address and allow you to instantly join it the next time you try to connect to a server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php