At one point you or your players may decide that it is time to start a new Terraria world. This will reset all of your current world progress. You can either change the name of your active world or simply delete the current world's save file.
Deleting the World File
If you don't want to keep a copy of your old world, the easiest way to start a new world is by deleting the old one.
- Log in to your control panel and Stop your server.
- Access your server files via FTP, we recommend using FileZilla.
- Navigate to the
- Delete the
- Start your server.
Changing the World Name
If you wish to keep your existing world so you can return to it at a later date you can change the name of your active world to generate a new one.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > Config Files.
- Select Terraria Server Settings.
- Change WorldName to a different world name.
- Save and Start your server.
To learn more about Terraria server hosting, browse our library of Knowledgebase articles here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php