This guide will explain how to download and install any Feed The Beast (FTB) modpack onto your server.
Download Server Files Using the FTB App
- Download and open the FTB App.
- Click Browse on the left sidebar to search for your modpack.
- Type in the search box to locate your modpack.
- Click on the modpack to access its main page.
NOTE: You can use the system requirements to work out how much RAM your server may need to run the modpack.
- Click the Versions button.
- Select the version you wish to use and click the Server files button at the top right.
- The latest version of your modpack is displayed by default.
- Once selected, your browser will open. Under the Select your Operating System dropdown, select your operating system.
- Save the downloaded file.
Download Server Files Using the Feed The Beast Website
- Visit the Feed The Beast website and click the Modpacks tab.
- Find and open the modpack you wish to install (you may wish to use CTRL+F to search for your desired modpack). In this tutorial, we will install FTB Endeavour.
- Click on the Server Files tab and next to the version of the modpack you wish to install (the latest version always appears at the top), click on the button which corresponds to your computer's operating system. In this article, we are using Windows, but the steps are the same for every operating system.
- Save the downloaded file into a new folder on your computer.
Running The Installer and Uploading Server Files
- Run the installer file you downloaded. A terminal prompt will open.
Where would you like to install the server?, press Enter on your keyboard to install the files in your current directory. Then, press y, followed by Enter to accept the warning.
- Press y followed by Enter again to continue to install the modpack.
- Once the installer is finished, it will close to a folder containing the downloaded server files.
- Rename the Forge server file from
- Delete the
serverinstall_xxxx.exefile and any
- Upload the contents of this folder to your server via FTP.
- On your server control panel, change the Server Type to Custom JAR. We also have a guide on doing this here.
- Start your server and enjoy playing your new FTB modpack!
If you wish to add additional mods to your modpack, read our guide on installing Forge mods here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php