Create a Factorio Account
Before you can make your server public, you will need a Factorio account and an authentication token.
To get started, make an account on https://factorio.com if you haven’t already. The account will be used to authenticate your server with Factorio. If you purchased your game from steam, it's very simple to link your account once logged into https://factorio.com/profile.
Finding Your Authentication Token
- Go to https://factorio.com/profile.
- Next to Token you’ll notice your token is hidden. Go ahead and reveal this and copy the token.
Adding The Key to Your Server
- Navigate to your control panel.
- Access your server’s FTP by clicking on Files > FTP File Access, located on the left-hand side of your panel.
- Login to your FTP access using your Multicraft password.
- Navigate to
server-settings.json, then on the right, click Edit.
- Input your Factorio username into the
- Either enter your Factorio password or your authentication token, not both
- Enter your Factorio password into
- Enter your Factorio authentication token into
- Click Save and Restart your server.