If you have a large Minecraft world, there may come a point you wish to trim your world. The two main reasons for doing so are:
- Regenerating chunks to allow new world terrain.
- Your world size is too large.
Regardless of the reason, this article will cover the tool MCA selector to help trim your world down.
How to install MCA Selector
- Navigate to the Download Page.
- Click on Download Version [Number] (Windows Installer).
- Select a location on the left, and click Save. (In some cases this step isn’t required)
- IMPORTANT: Right click the Setup.exe and click Run as Administrator.
(Otherwise the setup will not allow you to install in your preferred directory)
- Follow the instructions inside the setup wizard.
How to use MCA Selector
Before proceeding with this guide, please make sure to back up your world.
- Navigate to File > Open World.
- Select your World folder that you wish to edit. DIM1 and DIM-1 are the End and Nether.
Note: You can download your world files by following this article.
- Hold Left Click and select the chunks you would like to keep in your world.
- Navigate to Selection > Invert.
Note: This will select all the chunks you want to Regenerate in your world.
- Navigate to Selection > Delete Selected Chunks.
Note: This will delete all the chunks you want updated with the latest version.
- You will get a pop-up confirmation, click Yes.
(Step 3 to 6)
You have successfully trimmed your world!
Next time you load into it, it should start regenerating chunks using the MC world generator version.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php