We have a video tutorial for creating a subdomain for your Minecraft server:
In order for a player to join your Minecraft server, they need to have your server address to enter on their Minecraft client.
By default, a server address looks something like this: 192.168.2.1:25611 but that can be confusing. You want something that can easily be read and recalled. To do that, you can customize your server address by using a domain (e.g shockbyte.com) or subdomain (e.g. play.shockbyte.com). However, using a domain requires that you purchase one from registrars like Namecheap, GoDaddy, etc. and this might be something that isn't in your budget.
We got you covered! Here at Shockbyte, we provide a free service to let you create a subdomain of your choice with several domains to choose from so that you no longer have any difficulty remembering and sharing your server IP to others.
Before we make our subdomain, we first need to identify your server IP and port. You can find this on your Multicraft server panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com) labeled as Server Address.
For this example, the server address is 192.168.2.1:25611.
Let's get started on how to make our custom subdomain by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Subdomain Creator page: https://shockbyte.com/subdomain-creator
- Fill out the form with the following information:
EMAIL - Your email address
SERVICE TYPE - The type of server you want to create a subdomain for—Minecraft (PC/Java Edition), Pocket Edition (MCPE/Minecraft Bedrock Edition), or Teamspeak.
SERVER IP - The first half of the server address before the ":" for our example: 192.168.2.1
PORT - The second half of your server address after ":" e.g. 25611
SERVER NAME - The prefix of the domain you want to use. For example, if you want to use the subdomain shockbyte.mc-server.net, the prefix is "shock"
ZONE/DOMAIN - The domain you want to use. Just like the above example, the subdomain I want is shockbyte.mc-server.net, so I'll select "mc-server.net" from the dropdown list of available domains.
- Once you've completely filled the form out, click/complete the captcha.
- Double-check on all the information you've filled out. You can see a preview of the subdomain you are creating on the bottom of the form. After which, click on the Create button to create your subdomain.
- If the subdomain was successfully created, this message will appear on the upper section of the form.
If the message indicates that the subdomain wasn't created, check that the entries of the form are correct or try a different server name or domain (or both) as the one you are trying to create could already be in use by someone else.
That's it! You now have your very own custom subdomain for free! Please allow a few minutes and up to 24 hours for your subdomain to work.
If you have your own domain, you can check out our other tutorials on how to create a custom IP for your server:
- Creating a Custom Server IP with Cloudflare
- Creating a Custom Server IP with cPanel
- Creating a Custom Server IP with GoDaddy
- Creating a Custom Server IP with Namecheap