We have a video tutorial for installing any Snapshot version onto your server:
What is a Snapshot?
Snapshots are development builds/versions for Minecraft. These allow you to have a sneak peek at the upcoming features while also helping to locate any bugs prior to the release.
Installing Snapshots Automatically
- It is ideal to install snapshots on a fresh server to ensure that no issues arise. To reset your server, follow our guide: How To Reset Your Minecraft Server
- Navigate to your server’s Multicraft control panel.
- Locate the
(Java Edition) Vanilla Minecraft Snapshots (Pre-Release)section under the Server Type dropdown list.
- Select the snapshot you'd like to use.
- Click Save and then restart your server.
You're done! Your server should now be running the snapshot version of Minecraft that you have selected.
Installing Snapshots Manually
If you are unable to locate the version you'd like on the list, you may also upload your preferred snapshot version on your server manually.
- Navigate to the website called MC Time Machine to download the Server JAR for your preferred snapshot version.
- Upload the JAR file you've just downloaded to your server's main directory. We recommend using FileZilla for this: How to use FileZilla for FTP (File Management)
- Rename the JAR file to
- On your Multicraft control panel, go to the Server Type section and select the
Custom JAR (Place “custom.jar” in base directory)option.
- Click Save and restart your server.
You're done! Your server should now be running the snapshot version you have uploaded to your server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php