We have a video tutorial for changing your server difficulty:
Minecraft servers have 4 levels of difficulty you can choose from: Peaceful, Easy, Normal, and Hard.
Here’s a brief summary of each difficulty level and the differences between them:
- Peaceful: Hostile mobs can not spawn naturally, except for a select few that do not deal damage to a player. Hostile mobs that try to spawn are removed from the game instantly. When switching to this difficulty level from any other level, hostile mobs are despawned. Player health is also restored much more rapidly at this level.
- Easy: Hostile mobs will spawn at this level, but they’ll do less damage than they would at the Normal level. Player health will not decrease if they are starved.
- Normal: Everything is standard at this level. Hostile mobs deal the standard damage, players’ health will deplete to 1 heart when they are starving, and villagers have a 1 in 2 chance of becoming a zombie when they are killed by one.
- Hard: Hostile mobs cause more damage than they would at the Normal level, players can starve to death, and villagers will become zombies when they are killed by one. In addition, zombies can break through wooden doors and spawn more zombies when attacked by players.
You can adjust your server's difficulty based on what you prefer. Below are the ways to do this:
CHANGING SERVER DIFFICULTY VIA MULTICRAFT
- On your Multicraft Panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com/), navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On the Config Files page, select Server Settings.
- Locate the option called Difficulty and select your preferred server difficulty from the drop-down menu.
- After you have set that, save the settings by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the blue Save button.
- Restart your Minecraft server for changes to apply.
CHANGING SERVER DIFFICULTY VIA COMMAND
You can also change your server's difficulty level via command. You can either do the command in-game or through your server console.
difficulty: View current server difficulty on your console.
difficulty <difficulty_level>: Change the difficulty of your server. Replace "<difficulty_level>" to difficulty of your choice e.g. difficulty hard
In-Game Chat Command
/difficulty: View current server difficulty in-game.
/difficulty <difficulty_level>: Change the difficulty of your server. Replace "<difficulty_level>" to difficulty of your choice e.g. /difficulty hard