We have a video tutorial for creating a custom server IP for your server:
Online mode is a server setting that configures whether or not players authenticate through Mojang’s servers before connecting to your server. This authentication process verifies they are logged in and lets players access their profile skins.
Some server types don't work when a server has online mode enabled. For example, BungeeCord does not work when online mode is enabled. Players using cracked clients are also unable to join a server that has online mode enabled. If you want to use BungeeCord or want to allow your players to use cracked clients, you will need to disable online mode.
There are a couple of things you should be aware of if you plan on disabling online mode:
- Disabling online mode means that players will not be authenticated by Mojang’s servers before they connect to your server. This means that anyone could log in to your server using any username they choose and your server wouldn't verify they are who they say they are. If you are using a BungeeCord server, a plugin such as IPWhitelist will help mitigate risks. For Minecraft servers, a plugin like FastLogin would help.
- Your players will not have their profile skins and you will see everyone with Steve or Alex skins. Again, this is because your server is not contacting Mojang’s authentication servers. You can use a plugin like SkinRestorer to restore profile skins in your server if desired.
If, after taking the above points into consideration, you still wish to disable online mode for your server, you may follow the steps below:
- On your Multicraft Panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com/), navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On the Config Files page, select Server Settings.
- Locate the option called Online Mode and select Disabled from the drop-down menu.
- After you have set that, save the settings by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the blue Save button.
- Restart your Minecraft server for changes to apply.
That's it! Your server should already be running in offline mode/have online mode disabled once this has been successfully restarted.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php