We have a video tutorial on how to connect to your Minecraft server:
If you would like to join a Minecraft PC / Java Edition server, there are a few things to consider:
- The server must be running any Minecraft PC / Java Edition server type.
- Have Minecraft installed on your computer. You may download the installer from Minecraft's official site: https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/
- Your Minecraft client must be the same version that the server runs on. You can find the version on the bottom-left corner of your Minecraft client.
HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR SERVER ADDRESS (IP & PORT)
To get started, you need to identify the address of the server you want to join. If you own a Shockbyte server, you can find your server address on your Multicraft server panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com). This will be labelled as "Server Address" as shown on the screenshot below.
In the example above, the server address is
192.168.2.1:12345. Breaking this down, the server IP are the set of numbers before the ":" symbol, and after this are the last five numbers which is the server port.
HOW TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER (PC / JAVA)
Now that you have the server address, you're ready to join the server by following the steps below:
- On the Minecraft client, click the Multiplayer button.
- On the Multiplayer screen, click the Add Server button.
- On the Edit Server Info screen, (1)enter a name you want to call your server in the Server Name textbox. Under (2) Server Address textbox, paste your server's address (IP and port).
- Once you've completely filled out your server information, click Done.
- Once you've successfully added your server into the Multiplayer page, you can then connect either by clicking on the right-pointing arrow shaped button over the server icon, double-click on the server, or click the Join Server button while your server is selected.
You're done! You can now play on a Minecraft PC / Java Edition server.