A server type allows you to select the JAR file that your server will run on startup, for example, PaperSpigot, Bukkit, and Forge are all different types of JARs/server types.
Although we offer built-in support for many different server types using our server type selector, it is possible to install any server type or mod pack on your Shockbyte server. To do this, you will need to install it as a custom JAR by following the steps provided in this article.
Installing a Custom JAR
To install a custom JAR file, you must select the appropriate server type, upload your custom JAR file, and rename it to match the appropriate Java version as needed.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Select the Custom JAR option from the Server Type dropdown menu based on the version of Minecraft you intend to use.
Minecraft Version Recommended Java Version Custom JAR File Name 1.8 to 1.11 Java 8
1.12 to 1.16.4 Java 11
1.16.5 Java 16
1.17.1-1.19.2+ Java 17
- Access your server files using FTP, we suggest using FileZilla.
- Upload your desired server JAR to the base directory of your server files.
- Rename it to
custom-javaX.jar, X being the required Java version). Make sure that it is in lowercase, otherwise, it will not load properly.
- If you're installing a server type that requires extra files (usually additional libraries) such as Forge, SpongeForge or any mod pack, you will also need to upload these. These are generally generated by running the installer for a server type on your own computer, and then uploading the files it downloads onto your computer.
That's all! Once you restart your server, it will begin loading your custom server JAR.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php