2-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your account adding an additional login step, beyond just a password. We recommend enabling it on all of your account with us. This means that even if your password is compromised, your account will still be protected.
We have a video tutorial for configuring 2-Factor Authentication in your Shockbyte account:
This will require a mobile device with a 2FA code generation app such as Google Authenticator. Once you have this, you can follow the steps below to enable 2FA on your account.
- Login to your client account.
- Click on Hello, <your name> on the upper right hand area and select Security Settings.
- Select Click here to enable and proceed through the steps.
- On the popup box, click Get Started » and scan the QR code provided with the Google Authenticator app on your phone, or whichever authentication app you have chosen to use. After scanning, click Confirm » .
- Enter the security code provided by your authenticator app and click click Confirm »
- Write down the backup code so you can recover your account in case you ever lose your code generator (your phone).