Before getting started, you will need to backup and reset your server to prevent incompatibilities with the previous server type.
- Login to your Control Panel and navigate to Files > Backup.
- On the backup-page, click Start. A message will appear above the Start button once the backup is created.
- Follow our guide on using DANGER_DELETE_ALL to reset your server, and delete all server files aside from the backup you just created.
Changing Your Server Version to Experimental Mode
You can set your server to Experimental Mode via your Control Panel’s Server Type Selector. If you do not have access to the selector, please submit a ticket to get it activated.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and Stop your server.
- Set your Server Type to Satisfactory Experimental.
- Start your server.
If you want to rollback your server to early access, revert your server type, delete all files aside from besides the backup, and restore the backup. Extract the backup using the built-in FTP.
Setting Your Client to Experimental Mode
After setting your server to experimental Mode, you must also configure your client.
For Steam Users
- Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Locate and right-click Satisfactory, then select Properties.
- Click on Betas and opt-in for the experimental beta.
- Wait for the update to finish downloading and start the game.
For Epic Games Users
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and click Library.
- Select Satisfactory Experimental and install the game.
- Wait for it to install and Start the game.
Your server is now set up in Experimental Mode. Should you need assistance with joining your server, you can check out this guide on Joining your Satisfactory Server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php