Voice chat can be a great way for players to communicate with one another, unfortunately, there is no built-in way to do this with V Rising so you will have to go through a few steps to complete this with Unity Vivox.
Signing Up For Unity Vivox
Unity Vivox is required to enable voice chat with your V Rising server.
- Access Unity Vivox Website.
- Start creating an account.
- Complete the signing-up process.
- Once complete, your account will be set as In Review. Once Unity has approved your account you can then setup your server for VoIP.
Creating your Vivox Application
Before you can complete your ServerVoipSettings.json, you will be required to generate the information to fill it in.
- Log into your Vivox account.
- Click Create New Application.
- Enter a game name, and pick a game genre. The answers you choose do not matter so you can pick as you wish.
- Click Continue.
- Under Additional Attributes, select Vivox Core.
- Select Windows as the platform your app supports.
- Click Create App.
- Go to your Applications page on your Vivox Dashboard.
- Select the Application you created previously.
- You will require all the information under Vivox API Info.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > FTP File Access.
- Navigate to
- Edit ServerVoipSettings.json.
- Edit the following config lines based on your Vivox API Info:
Config Line Vivox API Info VOIPEnabled True VOIPIssuer Issuer VOIPSecret Secret Key VOIPAppUserId Admin User ID VOIPAppUserPwd Admin Password VOIPVivoxDomain Domain VOIPAPIEndpoint API End Point
- Save and Start your server.
Enabling Voice Chat
Once your server is setup you'll need to enable voice chat in-game.
- Open V Rising.
- Navigate to Options > Sound.
- Enable Use Voice Chat.
To learn more about your V Rising server, you can check out our library of knowledgebase articles on V rising server hosting.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php