Terms of Service
Bringing the best to Minecraft hosting!
For the benefit of all of our customers, we have a few rules and regulations regarding our services. It is important that you follow them, so we've tried to make them as clear, short and easy-to-read as possible. For the purpose of this document, "your service" and similar terms refer to any service held by you, rented from us. "We" refers to us; Shockbyte.
If you have any confusion after reading our Terms of Service, feel free to contact support and request clarification on any one of these points. While we will try to give reasonable notice for major changes to this document, this isn't always possible - so check back frequently for updates.
Last Revision: 28th June 2017
By purchasing any service from our website, you accept and agree to be bound by our Terms of Service. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or terminate any service provided with or without a refund or notice or warning for any reason. We also reserve the right to modify our Terms of Service at any time with or without informing the client. It is up to the client to periodically familiarize themselves with the recent Terms of Service. If any client does not comply with the new Terms of Service modifications, their service will be terminated at our discretion.
- Please use common sense. If you think something you're doing could get you into trouble, it probably will.
- We reserve the right to terminate any service at any time without possibility of refund. Hopefully we won't have to.
- We reserve the right to change our Terms of Service at any time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself updated with our Terms of Service.
- Don't use your service to do anything that would be deemed illegal in the United States or your country of residence.
- Don't use your service to disrupt or intefere with any other Shockbyte service. Additionally, don't use your service to disrupt or intefere with any other service on the internet.
- In order to use our service, you must be at least 13 years of age.
- If you are 13 or older but under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use our service. Please have them read through this agreement with you.
- By purchasing a Minecraft server from our website, you agree to Mojang's End User License Agreement.
- If your server is found to be in violation of Mojang's EULA, your server may be suspended until you have removed the violating content from your server.
- Services provided by us are not explicitly limited by bandwidth, CPU or disk space, however we do have restrictions on this.
- Disk space is 'unlimited' for the purpose of storing material related to your service. 100 GB of user data is fine. Hundreds of copyrighted music, movies or games is not.
- If your service is using an excessive amount of bandwidth or CPU for prolonged periods of time, we will send you warnings via email. If you don't fix the problem, we may suspend your service.
- If your service is using an excessive amount of disk space, we may thoroughly investigate your storage. If you're found to be using excessive disk space for material not related to your service, we will send you warnings via email. If you don't fix the problem, we'll start deleting files irrelevant to your service.
- Each client may only use their service to store a maximum of 5 backups of their service at one time. Any extra backups must be stored externally.
- The total size of all backups under your account should not exceed 25GB.
- If using the plugin Dynmap, map files should not exceed 25GB. We recommend setting resolution to 'lowres' or 'vlowres' to prevent this.
- We do not allow the following plugin(s) to be used on our services: PerfectBackup, BukkitHTTPD, BukkitTelnet, ServerOptimizer
- The Server Management addon must be renewed at the end of each billing period.
- Server Management only applies to the service it is ordered for and cannot be moved to a different service.
- All management requests must be made via a ticket opened under your client account.
- Be as specific as possible with your request. If you are not specific enough, we cannot complete your request and may ask for clarification.
- Configuration for permissions, ranking and kit plugins is not covered by Server Management. This includes but is not limited to PermissionsEx and GroupManager.
- Configuration for CrateKeys or similar plugins is not covered by Server Management.
- Server Management does not include building worlds, maps and/or any structures.
- Server Management does not include in-game setup of any plugins or modifications.
- Server Management does not include any form of development (plugin, addon, mod, etc development).
- We reserve the right to deny any server management request.
Fair Use Policy
- Your account is your account. Don't share your account details.
- Please open a ticket if you'd like to be able to give friends access to your game panel, their own account can be created.
- Failure to report account breaches may result in suspension or termination of services.
- As we have rules preventing you from sharing your account, we assume that any use of your service to violate these rules was done by you, therefore it will be you and your service that will be penalised.
- Furthermore, don't use your service to exploit flaws in our software or hardware, or the software or hardware of other internet services.
- In the event of any fault or outage that was directly or indirectly caused by us, and leaving your service unusable, you are eligible to claim a credit toward your service for the time that your service was unavailable. To claim this credit, please make a request to our support team by opening a ticket.
- In the event of scheduled maintenance, or other outages or faults beyond our control, we will endeavor to provide reasonable notice to customers informing them that services may be unavailable for a period of time, however this is not always possible. These situations do not automatically warrant account credit for downtime, and requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Services are not activated until the first payment is received.
- If you don't renew your service before it expires, you have a three-day grace period in which you can pay the invoice for overdue services without disruption or penalty. Beyond this period, your service will be suspended until it's paid for.
- After fourteen days, without payment, your service will be terminated, thus deleting your files from our servers.
- Any chargebacks or payment disputes will result in immediate account suspension. Please contact support if you have a problem, we are willing to help sort things out.
Refunds & Disputes
- All refund requests must be made via a ticket on our website.
- When requesting a refund, you must be logged into your client account.
- If you are not logged into your client account when submitting the ticket we cannot accept it as a refund request.
- If this occurs, our support team will ask you to login and submit the request. We are willing to grant 24 hours from the time of our request for you to login and request a refund.
- When logging in and opening your new request, you will need to reference the original ticket ID from the ticket you created while not logged in (this is only required if your initial 24 hour period has passed).
- Failure to provide the ticket ID will mean we are unable to locate your original request - we will not grant any additional time in this case.
- The following services are not eligible for a refund: Minecraft Reseller
- If a Server Management request has been fulfilled for the client, we cannot issue a refund for this addon or any related service.
- If a Fast-Track ticket has received a reply, we cannot refund the payment for upgrading this ticket to Fast-Track.
- If the client opens a dispute, we reserve the right to suspend any and all of the client's services.
- All refunds will be provided as credit or via the original payment method at our discretion.
- If the client has opened any disputes on any transaction, refunds will only be provided at our discretion, and not in accordance with our refund policy.
- When a refund is issued, any related services will be terminated.
- Refunds for the renewal of services can only be issued if the refund request is made before the due date of the invoice.
- Subject to the conditions below, we can provide a refund within the first 24 hours of ordering a new service - all we ask is that you tell us why you wish to cancel your service and receive a refund.
- Each client is only eligible to claim our 24 Hour Refund Policy once.
- Refunds for services are available within the first 24 hours of a monthly plan commencing - please contact support to request a refund. Beyond this period, refunds are given solely at our discretion.
- All refund requests must be made via a ticket on our website. The 24 hours is counted from the time of order to the time the ticket is created.
- The client will be asked for confirmation on their refund request before a refund is issued. If the client fails to make a confirmation within 48 hours of our request to do so, eligibility to claim the 24 hour refund will be lost.
- Our 24 hour refund policy only covers the first 24 hours after a new plan commences. Payments made for the renewal of services are not eligible for our 24 Hour Refund Policy.
- Opening a dispute on any of your payments will void eligibility for our 24 Hour Refund Policy.
- Our 24 hour money back guarantee only covers a single transaction per client account.
- If the client retracts the refund request or states that they do not confirm the refund, the request will become void. A new refund request can be submitted after this point, but will be treated as a new request and will only be eligible if 24 hours from the client's order has not passed.
- If a Server Management request is fulfilled, eligibility for the 24 hour refund immediately becomes void.
- Any client found to be creating multiple accounts in order to claim the 24 hour refund multiple times will be denied a refund.
- We understand that overpayments and accidental payments sometimes occur and are willing to work with you to resolve the issue.
- A payment made by the user is not an "accidental" payment, and a refund of this type is subject to the conditions under the "Refunds & Disputes" section of this page.
- An "accidental" payment is a payment that was automatically made on the users behalf - not an initial automatic payment, but from the second month onwards. Payments of this type will be referred to as an "overpayment" from here on.
- An overpayment occurs when an invoice is paid multiple times - when this occurs, credit with the value of the overpayment is added the client's account. This can also occur when a payment is automatically made for a service that is already cancelled.
- Refunds can be offered for overpayments under the following conditions:
- The refund request is made within 45 days of the payment being sent. PayPal only allows refunds up to 60 days (https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ780), and we will refund up to this point, however we ask that your request is made within 45 days to give us plenty of time to issue the refund. If the refund request if made beyond this point, we cannot guarantee we will be able to issue it.
- Our system automatically adds overpayments to your account credit - if any of this credit is used before a refund is issued, a refund cannot be issued.
- If there are multiple overpayments, only payments made within the past 60 days at the time the ticket is handled can be issued. This is why we ask that you open a ticket with the request as soon as possible.
- When requesting a refund for an overpayment, please ensure you let us know the PayPal email used to make the overpayment as well as the date of the payment.
24 Hour Refund Policy (Money Back Guarantee)
Overpayments & accidental payments
- To terminate your services you must cancel any PayPal subscriptions active and cancel via our WHMCS billing area at https://shockbyte.com/billing. As Shockbyte does not have access to the client's PayPal account we cannot and will not be responsible for incidental payments made from using the automatic payment subscription service.
- Affiliate withdrawals can only be made to your credit balance. We do not offer external cash withdrawals such as via PayPal.
- Advertising your affiliate link on websites is permitted only if the website requires registration and displays that the author or user who posted the affiliate link is you. For example, forums are permitted, but most coupon listing websites are not.
- Advertising your affiliate link on websites designed to provide coupon codes or discounts is not permitted.
- The full affiliate link provided should be visible when it is clicked. Hiding it as another link or with a button or image is not permitted.
- Only the affiliate link provided should be advertised - using another link (such as a shortened URL) to redirect to your affiliate link is not permitted.
- At any time we may investigate your affiliate account to ensure all terms are followed. This may involve asking questions before permitting a withdrawal. Failure to answer a question truthfully or at all may result in the removal of your affiliate balance and/or closure of your account.
- Any attempts to exploit the affiliate system may result the removal of your affiliate balance, nullification of your eligible to withdraw your affiliate balance and/or closure of your account.
- Violation of any of these terms may result the removal of your affiliate balance, nullification of your eligible to withdraw your affiliate balance and/or closure of your account.
- For security purposes, our website stores access logs with details for every visitor, which includes information such as your browser details and your IP address.
- Any personal details provided through our billing system are held until the account is closed. These details are only available to Shockbyte administrators and support staff and are only used for the purpose of fulfilling orders. To request an account close, contact support.
- For certain violations of these Terms of Service, we may endeavour to provide notices or warnings via email or support ticket, however this is at our discretion.
- Generally, any violation of these terms may result in account suspension, termination or closure without refund.
- Any attempts to exploit any part of our system in any way may result in account suspension, termination or closure without refund.
- To report abuse on the Shockbyte network, contact [email protected]
- Any abuse complaints regarding a service of yours will be forwarded to you and will require immediate attention. We may suspend your services until abuse reports have been resolved. If an abuse report is found in favor of the reporter, your services may be terminated.