When connecting to your server in Rust or viewing the server in the Steam server list, all servers have a custom name displayed. You can modify the server name for your Shockbyte Rust server via our server control panel.
Setting a Rust Server Name
- Login to your server control panel.
- On your server's page, navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On this page, you click on the main setting file for Rust: Rust Server Settings
- For the Server Name setting, enter the name you wish to use. Try to keep it shorter than 60 characters and do not include special characters. If it's too long, the server may not appear in the community/modded list.
- Once you have entered your new settings, press Save and then restart your server for the changes to take effect.