We have a video tutorial on customizing your server MOTD:
An MOTD (Message of the Day) is the text that appears next to the server icon and below the server name on the server list of your Minecraft client. The uses of an MOTD may vary. It can be used to describe the server, promote features, create announcements, attract attention to your server and many more!
By default, a server's MOTD is "A Minecraft Server" but you can change this to say anything and even add formatting.
This tutorial will teach you how to customize your server's MOTD:
- On your Multicraft server panel, navigate to Files > Config Files.
- In the Config Files page, click on the file named Server Settings. This is also labelled as server.properties.
- In the Server Settings page, look for the item that says Server Message. By default, the text box on its right will say "A Minecraft Server." Replace this to what you want your server MOTD to say.
You may add colors and formatting to your MOTD by using formatting codes. You can find a complete list of available formatting options through this link: Formatting Codes
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Server Settings page and click Save.
- Once changes are succesfully saved, restart your server.
You will need to restart your server every time you make changes to your server MOTD for these to take effect.
You're done! Refreshing the server list on your Multicraft client will show the updated MOTD of your server.