Setting a custom server name makes it easier for CS:S players to differentiate a server from others when using the in-game server list. It also allows server owners to provide information on the game mode, rules and other information that players need to know.
Having a unique server name means that players can easily locate a server using the in-game browser search function.
Changing your Server Name
Your server name can be updated in the Counter Strike: Source Server Settings section of your server's control panel.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > Config Files.
- Click Counter Strike: Source Server Settings.
- Enter your desired name in the Server Name field.
- Save and Start your server.
To learn more about Counter Strike: Source server hosting, you can browse our library of Knowledgebase articles here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php