We have a video tutorial on How To Join An ARK: Survival Evolved Server With An IP Address through Steam:
CONNECTING THROUGH STEAM
You can join your ARK server in-game through the following steps:
- In the Steam client under View > Servers, click the Favorites tab.
- Add your server by clicking Add A Server, then entering your Server Address into the popup box and clicking Add This Address To Favorites.
- Open the game ARK and click Join ARK.
- In the bottom left corner under the filter options, change the Session Filter to Favorites.
- Press refresh, and then you should see your server and be able to join.
CONNECTING THROUGH EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER
When connecting to your ARK Server through Epic Games Launcher, there are some slightly different instructions you will need to follow:
- Open ARK and select the HOST / LOCAL option in the menu.
- Click Play Single Player - there is no need to edit settings or change the map as this doesn't affect you connecting to the server.
- When loaded in, press TAB to open the game's Console.
- In the Console, type
open (server ip):7777. This will then begin connecting you to your server. Note that your ARK server may be running on port 27015 as this is the port required by Steam, but for Epic Games, you will need to use port 7777, to allow for direct connection to your server.
At this stage, there isn't a way to connect from the server list from Epic Games' version, but this may come in a future update when they allow mods to be used on the client.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php