Oxide is a mod for Rust that allows you to install plugins on your server.
To install Oxide on your server, you can follow these steps:
- On the Oxide website, click download next to Linux build. The file should download as
Oxide.Rust-linux.zip. It is important you download the Linux version, as our servers run Linux, even though you may use Windows.
- Once Oxide has been downloaded, extract the ZIP file into your computer.
- In the folder that the ZIP file was downloaded to, you should find a new folder named
Oxide.Rust-linuxafter the extraction is complete.
- Stop your server and login to your FTP with your choice of FTP client. We recommend using FileZilla. If you do not know how to do this, you can find our tutorial here.
- From within the new folder that was extracted, upload the
RustDedicated_Datafolder to the root directory of your server. When the prompt titled Target file already exists appears, select Overwrite, Always use this action and Apply to current queue only on the right side.
- After the upload is complete, go back to your control panel and navigate to Files > Config Files and select Rust Server Settings.
- Change Automatic Updates to Disabled and press save.
- You can now start your server to complete the installation.
If you need to update your Rust server, you will need to set Automatic Updates back to Enabled, and then follow these steps again.
Once Oxide is installed, you should see Oxide's files under
/oxide in your FTP.
You can install Oxide plugins under
/oxide/plugins in your FTP. Once a plugin is installed, restart your server to load the plugin. You can find Oxide plugins on the uMod website.