This guide will cover the steps you will need to follow when using the CurseForge launcher.
- Install the CurseForge launcher, which can be done from here - https://curseforge.overwolf.com/
- Browse the Curse modpack lists for the modpack you wish to install. To do this, click "Minecraft" in the side-bar, and then select "Browse Modpacks".
- Once you have located the pack you would like, click on it (But don't click the "Install" button).
- Click the "Download Server Pack".
- Download the zip file to your computer.
- Once it has finished downloading, extract the files to a folder of their own.
- Rename the .jar file NOT named "minecraft_server" to "custom.jar" (This will usually be called "Forge" or the name of the pack).
Note: Note that in some cases, you will need to run the Forge Installer file first in order to download and install the necessary library files for it. This is usually the case when a folder called "libraries" doesn't exist yet.
- Upload the contents of the folder (not the directory itself) to the base directory of your server via FTP. We recommend using FileZilla (FileZilla guide).
The .bat and .sh files will fail to upload, but don't worry! This is normal and these files are not required
- On the control panel, set your ‘Server Type’ to the Custom JAR option as seen in the image below:
- Start your server. You’re all done and running your CurseForge modpack of choice.