A whitelist is a list of people that are permitted to join your server. This prevents unwanted players from joining and changing your server.
The whitelist is automatically enabled when anyone is added to it.
Adding and removing players via console command
To use the in-game console, you must be a Server Admin. Once you are an Admin, hit the grave key to open the in-game chat system. A text box will open where you can chat with other players, or more importantly, use console commands.
|Adds a player to the whitelist.|
|Removes a player from the whitelist.|
||Prints a list in the chat of the currently whitelisted players.|
||Removes all players from the current whitelist and will disable it.|
Adding and removing players via the Multicraft panel
Whereas console commands are instantaneous, each time you edit the whitelist file, you need to restart your server; otherwise, the changes you make won’t take effect.
- Navigate to your control panel.
- Access your server’s FTP by clicking on Files > FTP File Access, located on the left-hand side of your panel.
- Login to your FTP access using your Multicraft password.
- Navigate to
server-whitelist.json, then on the left click Edit.
- Add/remove users to the whitelist using the following example - you can add as many users as you wish.
- Save then Restart your server.