If you have a custom Factorio world you made in singleplayer, downloaded online, shared to you by a friend, or from a previous server, you can easily use this as your server's world.
Locating the save file you want to upload
Before uploading a world, you will need to locate the save file that you want to use for the server. Singleplayer worlds by default are located in
\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves.The appdata folder can be found by following these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R at the same time. This will open a Run dialogue box.
- Copy this string
%appdata%/Factorio/savesinto the Run dialogue field and press OK.
Once you are in the saves folder, you should see all of your save game files as .zip files. Choose the one you want to upload and put it somewhere easy to access, such as your documents folder or desktop.
Uploading your world file
- Log into your control panel and select your desired server.
- If you haven’t started your server before, do so now as it will need to generate the required files.
- Stop your Factorio Server.
- Login to your server’s FTP by accessing Files > FTP Access. We recommend using FileZilla for uploading worlds.
- Navigate into the
- Once you are in the Saves folder, Upload the .zip file you put in an easy to access place earlier.
- Navigate back to the root directory of your server.
factorio.properties, then on the left click Edit.
- Once inside the file, set
world=to the name of the zip file you previously updated.
- Save then Restart your server.
Now you can start up your server and should see the world you uploaded on joining the server!If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php