There are multiple changes that can be made to Don't Starve Together's default world generation. This includes spawn rates for animals/resources, season length, the server's starting season and much more. In order to edit these options, you'll need to add a new config file to your server called
leveldataoverride.lua. This article will walk you through the process of creating and uploading that file.
Creating The Config File
The easiest way to create the
leveldataoverride.lua file is to create and edit it in-game and then upload it to your server.
- Open Don't Starve Together and click on Host Game.
- Select a server playstyle which will take you to the Settings page automatically.
- On the Settings tab enter all your preferred settings. These are just placeholders so the config file can be saved and won't be applied to your server.
- Click on either the Forest (The standard overworld) or Caves tab.
- Make any required changes to the World Setting options.
- Click on the World Generation tab.
- Make any required changes to the World Generation options.
- Click on the Generate World button.
Locating The Config File
Now that you've created the
leveldataoverride.lua file you'll need to locate it on your local machine before uploading it.
- On the main menu click the Data icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Open the cluster folder of your created world. In this example, it's
- Navigate to
/Cluster_1/Master/and locate the
Uploading The Config File To Your Server
Once you've created and located the
leveldataoverride.lua file the final step is uploading it to your server.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > FTP File Access, log in with your Multicraft password.
- Navigate to
/config/[ClusterName]/Master/and then upload your
- Start your server.
/config/[ClusterName]/Master/ before the
leveldataoverride.lua file can take effect.
If you have an existing map that you would like to upload to your server we have an article on our Knowledgebase that will walk you through the process here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php