We have a video tutorial on how to enable hardcore mode on your server:
Hardcore mode is a Java Edition exclusive variant of survival. In this mode, the world is locked to the Hard difficulty and players cannot respawn after being killed. The only available options on the death screen will be to enter the Spectator mode or return to the main Minecraft menu.
HOW TO ENABLE HARDCORE MODE
- On your Multicraft Panel, navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On the Config Files page, select Server Settings.
- Set the option hardcore to
- Once set, at the bottom of the page, click the Save button.
- Restart your Minecraft server for changes to apply.
CHANGING YOUR WORLD TO HARDCORE
If your world has been already generated, you will need to edit a few extra settings to activate hardcore mode. You can do this by using NBTExplorer.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 of our guide on How to use NBTExplorer to edit Minecraft World Data.
- Start NBTExplorer and open the
level.datdownloaded from your server.
- Once loaded, double click on hardcore and set the value to
1then press OK.
- Once modified, click Save All Modified Tags in the top-left corner.
- Upload and overwrite the modified level.dat file back to the server.
- Restart your server.