View Distance is a configuration option for Minecraft servers that sets the number of chunks that are visible on all directions around a player. This option can be found in the server.properties file located on the main / root directory of your Minecraft server.
Although players can customize their client's render distance, the View Distance option is one of the many ways to reduce lag for your server since the server operator can force a limit to the amount of world data that the server sends to every single computer/player connected to a Minecraft server.
You can manually change your server's view distance by following the steps below:
- On your Multicraft Panel, navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On the Config Files page, select Server Settings.
- Locate the option called View Distance and enter a number from
32. By default, this is set to
10. If you are experiencing lag on your server, it is recommended to choose a lower value than your current setting.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save button.
- Restart your server for the changes to apply.
You may learn more about View Distance and how this is used to reduce server lag here: Tip: Reducing server lag
Know more about the server.properties file and how to configure it from this article: How to Configure Your Minecraft Server (server.properties)