Whenever you order a new server from us, it's setup and managed through the Multicraft panel. The Multicraft panel has a whole range of useful tools to help manage your server, from in-browser config files, or being able to setup scheduled tasks without the use of plugins. However, one feature many users find annoying, is the constant /list spam that appears in the console whenever your server is online.
Multicraft uses the /list command to check if your server is online, as well as the number of players on it. However, if you are running a server that can support plugins, there are a number of ways to prevent this from showing up in your console and spamming your logs.
Using Configuration Files
The easiest way to stop the spam is to update one of the bukkit configuration files to get rid of the command from the console. You will need to be running a server that can support plugins to do this - so if you are running a Vanilla server we suggest that you change it to Spigot, as not only will this allow you to stop the spam, but Spigot has a large range of optimisation updates to help your server run better too!
- Login to your Multicraft panel, and access your server's files via FTP by clicking on the "Files" folder on the left, and then "FTP File Access" (This can be done via FileZilla if you know how to use it, however we also have a guide on How to use FileZilla if you need help getting started).
- Locate the "Commands.yml" file, and edit it using the "Edit" button to the right of the file.
- Add the following lines of code in the file:
Such that the file now looks like the following:
- version $1-
- Press the "Save" button at the top of the page.
- Done! Your server should no longer spam the /list command in the console.
The same effect can also be achieved by adding a plugin to your server. The Console Spam Fix plugin (for versions 1.7 - 1.16) will help do this for you.
If you're having issues installing plugins, we have a helpful guide on How to Install Plugins on your Minecraft Server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php