We have a video tutorial for installing Plugins:
This guide explains how to install any plugins onto your Minecraft server. With Shockbyte, there are two ways to install plugins:
- Via Plugin List feature on the panel
- Manually uploading via FTP
If you are trying to uninstall plugins instead, take a look at our tutorial article on that topic: "How to Uninstall Plugins on your Minecraft Server"
Before getting started, your server must be running a Server Type that supports plugins such as Spigot and Craftbukkit for Minecraft Java Edition, and PocketMine-MP and NukkitX for Bedrock Edition. You can select these from our control panel under the 'Server Type' dropdown menu. (Related Article: How to Set / Change Your Server Type)
INSTALLING FROM MULTICRAFT'S PLUGIN LIST
- Log into your Multicraft control panel. On the left sidebar menu, navigate to Files > Plugin List.
- In the Plugin List page, look for the plugin you would like to install. You may use the Source and Category filters to narrow the list down or type the plugin name under "Name" to search for specific plugins.
Once you've located the plugin, simply click on the name to navigate to the plugin information page.
- On the plugin information page, select the plugin version that is compatible with your server's version. You may use the table on the right-hand side of the page to check which plugin version to use on your server.
- Once you have selected the correct version, click Install. After a few seconds, the status will be updated to Installed to indicate that the plugin was successfully installed.
- Restart your server to allow plugins to load and the additional plugin files to be generated.
You're done! You will now be able to use and configure the plugin to your liking. You can check on the plugins installed on your server by using the command
/plugins in-game and
plugins on your console.
INSTALLING PLUGINS MANUALLY
- Download any plugins you wish to install from the following sources.
• Spigot plugins
• Bukkit / CraftBukkit plugins
• PocketMine-MP plugins
• NukkitX plugins
Make sure the plugins you download are compatible with the server version you have installed!
In Spigot, you can check and choose for the plugin version that is compatible with it in the Updates tab. Server versions compatible with the plugin may also be indicated on the top section of the overview page.
In BukkitDev, you can check under the File tab. Each plugin version has a corresponding version list that it's compatible with.
- Upload your plugins into the /plugins folder in your server directory. We recommend doing this via FTP using FileZilla (FileZilla guide).
- Restart your server to allow plugins to load and the additional server files to be generated.