We have a video tutorial for installing Feed The Beast:
This guide explains how to install any Feed The Beast modpack onto your server.
- Find and select the FTB modpack you wish to install at: https://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks
- Download the server pack to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your computer (perhaps inside a directory on your desktop).
- Run the 'FTBInstall.bat' file if you're using Windows (or FTBInstall.sh on Mac/Linux). This will generate a minecraft_server.jar file which is required for Feed The Beast.
- Rename the "FTBserver-1.12.2-188.8.131.5266-universal.jar" (or similarly named) file to "custom.jar".
- Upload the contents of the directory (not the directory itself) to the base directory of your server via FTP. We recommend using FileZilla (FileZilla guide).
The .bat and .sh files will fail to upload, but don't worry! This is normal and these files are not required.
- On the control panel, set your ‘Server Type’ to the Custom JAR option as seen in the image below:
- Start your server. You’re all done and running your FTB (Feed The Beast) modpack of choice.
If you get stuck, just get in touch with our support. We’re always available to help!If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php