We have a video tutorial on how to setup RCON:
RCON is a protocol that can be used to remotely execute commands to your Minecraft server. This can be used by a server operator and developer to create applications that can connect and interact with a Minecraft server.
This guide will describe how to enable RCON for your Minecraft server and show you how to protect your server from unauthorized users from using RCON to gain control of your server.
HOW TO ENABLE RCON
By default, RCON is disabled for your server. The steps below will guide you on how to enable this:
- On your Multicraft Panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com/), navigate to Files > Config Files.
- On the Config Files page, select Server Settings.
- Locate the option called enable-rcon (usually found at the bottom of the page) and change the value of the textbox next to it to true.
- After you have set that, save the settings by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the blue Save button.
- Restart your Minecraft server for changes to apply.
That's it! You have successfully enabled the RCON protocol for your Minecraft server.
HOW TO SECURE RCON
If you already have RCON enabled for your server, you will want to secure this to prevent anyone from gaining access to manage your server. This guide will show you how to do this on your Multicraft control panel:
- Log in to your server's Multicraft panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com). If you have more than one server, select the server with the world you would like to reset.
- Navigate to Files > FTP File Access from the left sidebar.
- Log in to your server's FTP File Manager.
- In your server directory, locate the file server.properties and click on the Edit link on its right.
- In your server.properties file, locate the line for rcon.port and replace its value with a random 5-digit number to make sure the port you're using isn't in use by another server. You may also have Multicraft generate an unused port for you (How to Generate Additional Ports for your Server).
Then, locate the line for rcon.password and provide a password for RCON. Make sure you do not share this password with anyone to ensure that your server remains secure.
- Once you have made the necessary changes to your rcon.port and rcon.password, click on the Save button to save your updated server.properties file.
- Navigate back to the main page of your server panel and restart your server for changes to apply.
If you have followed the steps above correctly, RCON should now be enabled, secured and ready for you to use to manage your Minecraft server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php