In some cases, a player's inventory may be corrupted or they may be stuck in a corrupted chunk. This could cause the player to be unable to log into the server and, in some cases, cause their game or the entire server to crash.
Although resetting the world will fix this issue, this would mean loss of any or all world changes which may not be ideal for your server. An alternative way to fix this is to manually delete that player's playerdata (.dat) file, which will reset their inventory, location in the world, and other Vanilla Minecraft-based player data. As most plugin data are stored in the respective plugin folders, these will not be affected.
HOW TO FIND AND RESET A USER'S PLAYERDATA
- Identify the player's UUID. You can do this by searching for their username in a website such as NameMC.com. The UUID will be the string of numbers and letters separated by dashes as shown below.
- Go to your server's world folder. You can do this via your browser FTP file access or via FileZilla. We have a guide on finding your server files here: How to Access Your Server Directory
- Within your world folder, navigate to playerdata folder, and then open it.
- Find and select the file which has the same name as that user's UUID, and then press delete.
- Restart your server for the change to take effect.
Once the player rejoins your server, their inventory and all in-game progress (Vanilla) will be reset and they will log into your server's default spawn location.
If removing their playerdata doesn't solve the issue, it may also be necessary to remove their username and UUID from the usercache.json file, which can be found in the main server directory. When editing this file be sure not to break the formatting.
HOW TO RESET A PLAYER ON AN OFFLINE SERVER
If you are running an offline server, UUIDs are generated differently than normal, meaning that websites such as NameMC will not give you the correct UUID, and won't even give you a UUID for players that do not exist. However, you can still follow the same steps as above once you have gotten your UUID.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php