ARK: Survival Evolved has the ability for players to play on ARKs which can consist of unique environments, resources, and creatures. As mentioned in our How to Change Your ARK Server Map, we support all available ARK maps, including custom Steam Workshop maps.
Finding a Custom Map
To get started with a custom map, you must first find the Mod ID and Map Name from the Steam Community Workshop.
- Find which map mod you would like to use on your server from the Steam Community Workshop.
- Identify the map's Mod ID and Map Name from that page.
- Note this information as it will be required for the next stage.
Loading a Custom Map
You can load a custom map on your server by editing the Custom Map and Active Map Mod fields inside your ARK Server Settings file through the control panel.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > Config Files.
- Select ARK Server Settings.
- Locate the Custom Map field and enter the mod's Map Name.
- Locate the Active Map Mod field and enter the Mod ID you found earlier.
- Click Save and Start your server.
To learn more about ARK: Survival Evolved server hosting, you can browse our library of Knowledgebase articles here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php