We have a video tutorial for creating a manual backup:
Backups can be used to recover your server data in the case of any file loss or griefing. This guide explains how to create a backup.
Creating a Backup using an FTP Client
- Download and install FileZilla onto your computer.
- On your Multicraft control panel, navigate to Files > FTP File Access.
- Fill out the details displayed on the FTP Server Login page into FileZilla as shown below. Your FTP password is the same as your Multicraft control panel password.
- Click Quickconnect on FileZilla and wait for it to successfully connect.
Once it shows Status: Directory listing of "/" successful and your server files are listed on the lower-right section, under Remote site on FileZilla, this means that you have successfully connected.
- On your computer, create a new folder with any name you'd prefer.
- Select all of the files with Ctrl + A then drag and drop all of the server files into your newly created folder.
You have now made a backup of your server to your computer!
Creating a Backup using Multicraft
- Log in to the Minecraft control panel and navigate to Files > Backup.
- On the Backup page, click Start.
- Once a message appears above the start button just like the one shown in the screenshot below, you have successfully created a backup!
It is also possible to automatically create backups so you do not have to manually create one each time. You can view our tutorial on creating automatic backups here: How to Automatically Backup Your Minecraft Server
To restore a previously created backup, follow our guide here: Restore Server Backups
As an alternative to FileZilla, you are also able to use WinSCP. We have a guide on how to use WinSCP here.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php