Starbound does not have a standard whitelisting system. However, it is possible to create user accounts with usernames and passwords to restrict server access to players who know a user account's credentials. Multiple users can connect via one user account, meaning that you only need to create one non-admin user account and one admin user account.
Making Your Server Private
- Log in to your control panel and Stop your server.
- Navigate to Files > FTP File Access.
- Access the web-FTP client by entering the same password that you use to access the server control panel.
- Navigate to the
- Click the Edit button next to the file
- Change the
Adding User Accounts
- Locate the
ServerUserssection in the
- Add the following lines between the brackets for however many user accounts you want to create.
- It is possible to grant admin permissions to users logging in via a specific user account. For more details on this, check out our guide on adding admin users.
- If you are creating multiple user accounts, ensure that you add a comma (`,`) after each closing bracket, with the exception of the last user account. See the example below.
"admin" : false,
"password" : "PASSWORD_HERE" }
- Click Save and Start your server.
You have now made your server private! When connecting to your server, enter the username and password for one of your user accounts.
To learn more about connecting to your server via your newly created user accounts, check out our guide on Joining a Starbound server.If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php