We have a video tutorial on how to update your Minecraft server:
Updating Your Server
When new Minecraft content is released, you will need to update your server to the latest version if you want to try out the new features.
We highly recommend that you take a backup of your server before updating your server. This gives you a restore point in case something undesirable happens, and you would like to revert changes.
- Login to your control panel.
- Stop your server. This prevents any unwanted changes from being made while you are working on the server.
- Before proceeding, it is highly recommended that you take a backup of your server. This gives you a restore point in case something undesirable happens and you would like to revert changes.
- On the main page of your control panel, open the drop-down menu next to the server type field.
- From the drop-down, locate the server type and version you would like to use. We recommend using the search bar at the top to help locate your desired server. Once located, click on the selection to set the server type.
- Restart your server.
If you would like to reset your Minecraft world or a specific dimension to get access to new features, check out the following guides:
- How to Reset Your Minecraft World
- How to Reset the Nether on Your Minecraft Server (Java Edition only)
- How to Reset the End on Your Minecraft Server (Java Edition only)
- How to Reset the Nether on Your Bedrock Server (Bedrock Edition only)